Company Name: Newmont
Title: Engineer DOE, Geotechnical
Location: Carlin, NV
- Ensure that the required geotechnical data is collected, analyzed, interpreted, and applied to develop confident recommendations to the Mine Planners.
- Ensure that ground and slope performance monitoring systems that provide the necessary data are implemented, used, and maintained.
- Ensure that a Ground Control Management Plan (and Facilities Geotechnical Monitoring Plan) has been developed based on relevant Newmont standards and has been implemented across the mine site.
- Ensure that the necessary geotechnical reviews of mine designs that investigate for all relevant slope failure mechanisms are conducted and the results and any potential risks are communicated to key stakeholders.
- Ensure that all significant slope instability related incidents are properly inspected, evaluated, and reported to key stakeholders. Furthermore, that input and recommendations are provided to Mine Planners and Mine Operations for safely working around and/or remediating the slope instability.
- Ensure that all work activities comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that there is on-going communication with other departments/functional groups (hydrology, geology, mine operations, environmental, technical services, etc.) to optimize the ability for all groups to obtain the necessary information and/or accomplish a shared objective.
- Ensure that necessary geotechnical reports and documentation are produced and distributed to key stakeholders.
- Ensure that audit/review and quality assurance programs are conducted, are documented, and findings are communicated to key stakeholders.
- Ensure that any necessary geotechnical work or monitoring equipment are budgeted and forecasted appropriately.
- Recognize and manage risk within day-to-day operations.
- Ensure that all external consultants and contractors providing third party work for the geotechnical group are aware and are adhering to Newmont policies and safety procedures.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
B.S. degree in Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Geology, offer will depend on experience and education
We are looking for both entry level and experienced Geotechnical Engineers
Advanced level technical communications, personal interaction and presentations skills required
Desired Majors: Geology, Geological Engineering
Position Type: Full-time Employment
Hours per week: 40+
Salary & Benefits: DOE
Application Deadline: N/A