Company Name: Lhoist
Title: Production Intern
Location: Ste. Genevieve, Missouri
• Complete project(s) outlined in the Project Plan developed by management.
• Be flexible; able to support team in handling “short/no notice” demands.
• Proactively seek work and opportunities to learn.
• Professionally communicate with various levels in the organization.
Openly communicate with your manager and/or mentor regarding project status, roadblocks encountered, and goals met.
• Work in an efficient and effective manner, helping to continuously improve processes at your work location.
• Assimilate to LNA culture by:
Displaying our corporate values of Respect, Integrity, and Courage.
Working safely (possibly around heavy equipment).
Being a valued team member.
• Formally present project overview to Senior Leaders at Intern Closing Session and to local management at the close of the program.
• Be curious and eager/open to learning new skills.
• Participate in all Intern Program related activities (i.e. orientation, mid-term session, closing session, completion of forms, etc.)
Comfort around management
Written & verbal communication skills
Basic safety training
Critical thinking skills
Time management skills
Project management skillsPlant level engineering projects – operational/capital projects
Head office projects – site support, process/policy development
Resources available: Intern manager; departmental and shared services resources; plant and corporate IT systems.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Curious & open to feedback.
• Positive and proactive attitude.
• Able to interact with different levels of seniority.
• Effective communication; both orally and in writing.
• High learning agility.
• Languages: English is mandatory. Bilingual a plus.
• Willingness to travel, if necessary.
No prior internship required, but preferred. Leadership experience is a plus.
Completion of 2 consecutive years of college level coursework in related field required.
Desired Majors: Mining Engineering
Position Type: Paid Internship
Hours per week: 40+ hours/week
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Process: https://lhoist.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/USA—Missouri—Ste-Genevieve/Production-Intern_R-000447
Application Deadline: 11/30/2016