Company Name: Golder & Associates
Title: Engineering Geologist Job
Location: Anchorage, AK, US
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 170 offices worldwide, our over 7000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking an Entry Level Engineering Geologist for the Anchorage, Alaska location. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with highly skilled professionals in the field of Engineering Geology. Our ideal candidate will have prior work experience in the State of Alaska. New Graduates are encouraged to apply.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
* Organize and conduct general field sampling and testing (e.g., soil, rock, groundwater, permafrost, contaminated soil)
* Perform geologic mapping and site reconnaissance
* Compile and summarize geologic and geotechnical data
* Assist writing reports and other related duties to support multidisciplinary project team
* Install and monitor geotechnical instrumentation
* Assist with geophysical surveys
* Perform construction monitoring
* Assignments will include travel to remote locations in Alaska and work outdoors during winter and summer.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Master’s Degree in Engineering Geology or Geology
* 0-2 years of professional geological experience
* Field experience, logging of soil/rock and frozen ground
* Experience with field mapping and the use of a compass, GPS and GIS software
* Familiarity with evaluation of geohazards
* Understanding of Alaska contaminated site regulations
* Ability to work in challenging terrain
* Previous experience with remote logistics in Alaska
The successful candidate shall have excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with a positive attitude and ability to work independently and with groups. A willingness to perform a variety of assignments on short notice is also required. In addition, must be able to travel on short notice and work at remote locations, including construction camps and rural Alaskan communities, as well in challenging terrain.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical that includes a drug screen and background check. Successful candidates will also be required to comply with all security, safety, health and environment requirements at project sites.
The candidate must be eligible for employment in the U.S. and possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
Desired Majors: Geology, Geological Engineering
Position Type: Full-Time Employment
Hours per week: 40+
Salary & Benefits:
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Application Deadline: N/A