Company Name: League of Conservation Voters
Title: Field Intern
Location: Reno, NV
LCV works to turn environmental values into national, state and local
priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound
environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions,
and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues. More
information can be found at www.lcv.org.
In Nevada, The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) seeks fall 2017 interns in Reno to help
lead field activities to push for action on climate change.
Successful interns will have excellent interpersonal skills, committed interest in environmental
issues, and proficiency with Microsoft Suite and the capacity to learn new programs. No
previous experience necessary. Class credit may be available depending on your school’s
● Interns will work from our Reno office.
● Interns may earn course credits according to campus requirements. Internships for no
credit can also be discussed with managing supervisor. The position is unpaid.
● Interns are responsible for finding a faculty sponsor and meeting all internship
requirements of the college or university.
● Learn proven organizing skills to recruit, train and mobilize volunteers to take action
on federal, state and local issues dealing with carbon pollution and climate change
● Organizing on-campus events to raise awareness of the devastating effects of climate
change and the need for immediate federal, state, and local action
● Helping grow the program in the community
● Recruiting friends to complete volunteer actions
● Making volunteer recruitment calls
Desired Majors: Geography, Geology, Geophysics, Hydrogeology, Geological Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering
Position Type: Unpaid Internship
Hours per week: N/A
Salary & Benefits: N/A
Applicants should submit their resume and a brief paragraph describing their skills and
interests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. However, interested applicants are encouraged to
apply in a timely manner.
Application Deadline: Rolling Deadline