Company Name: Newmont Mining Corporation
Title: Intern, Geologist – North American Region
Location: Winnemucca, NV, US, 89446
Collaborate, network, learn and understand mining. Are you enrolled in an engineering or geology discipline? Do you like to live in rural communities? Here is how you can spend your summer break. Check it out!
Our intern program is designed to give current university students real world work experience in the mining industry. You have the opportunity to apply what you are learning in school to real situations in the work world.
A summer internship with Newmont is an excellent way to gain skills and experience to compliment your education and further the pursuit of your career path. With hands-on and real world experiences, Newmont provides exposure to the industry skills and knowledge you need after graduation. We provide opportunities for you to gain valuable experience and make important networking contacts in the mining industry working (and playing) alongside full-time professionals within our organization. Our interns will participate in a challenging team environment and have the opportunity to collaborate with several disciplines in the company. A Newmont internship will provide you with a phenomenal experience and give you occasion to quantify guide and achieve your goals.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a Geology college degree program at the time the internship commences.
- Field camp completion a plus
- Applicants must be enrolled in the specific college degree program in the fall semester following the summer internship
- Applicants must maintain a GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate students and 3.0 or higher for graduate students.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and be qualified to work in the United States.
- Submission of on-line application and resume.
- All interns are required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and background check.
Desired Majors: Geology, Geological Engineer
Position Type: Paid-Internship
Hours per week: 20+