Company Name: Lhoist
Title: Geology Intern
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Since its foundation in 1889, the Belgian family-owned Lhoist Group (with several thousands employees worldwide today) has pursued a strategy of intensive growth and is today a profitable group and the leader in the production of lime and dolomite for the industry, the agriculture and the environment. The desire for innovation and excellence at all levels within the Group translates into a broad range of high performance products, flexible logistics, effective applications and constant research into new markets. The Groups shareholders believe in a rigorous and at the same time ambitious entrepreneurial culture that should continue to ensure the development of the Group in the future.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
• Complete project(s) outlined in the Project Plan developed by management. Be flexible; able to support team in handling “short/no notice” demands.
• Proactively seek work and opportunities to learn.
• Professionally communicate with various levels in the organization. Openly communicate with your manager and/or mentor regarding project status, roadblocks encountered, and goals met.
• Work in an efficient and effective manner, helping to continuously improve processes at your work location.
• Assimilate to LNA culture by: Displaying our corporate values of Respect, Integrity, and Courage.
• Working safely (possibly around heavy equipment).
• Being a valued team member.
• Formally present project overview to Senior Leaders at Intern Closing Session and to local management at the close of the program.
• Be curious and eager/open to learning new skills.
• Participate in all Intern Program related activities (i.e. orientation, mid-term session, closing session, completion of forms, etc.)
• Ability to transport themselves to and from work location.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Curious & open to feedback.
• Positive and proactive attitude.
• Able to interact with different levels of seniority.
• Effective communication; both orally and in writing.
• High learning agility.
• Languages: English is mandatory. Bilingual a plus.
• Willingness to travel, if necessary.
Required Experience: No prior internship required, but preferred. Leadership experience is a plus.
Required Education: Completion of 2 consecutive years of college level coursework in related field required.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Desired Majors: Mining Engineering
Position Type: Paid-Internship
Hours per week: 40
Application Deadline: 11/29/2017