Company Name: City of Reno, NV
Title: Management Analyst – City Energy Project
Location: City of Reno, NV
Description: This position is grant-funded partially by the City Energy Project and is exempt from the Civil Service System. It is expected that this position will be funded full-time through April 2019 based on overall project progress and employee performance.
The City of Reno, in partnership with the City Energy Project, is recruiting for a Management Analyst to work in the City Manager’s Office. The City Energy Project is a joint initiative of the Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) and Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) to create healthier and more prosperous American cities by improving the energy efficiency of buildings. Working in partnership, the City Energy Project and participating cities will create innovative, practical solutions that cut energy waste, boost local economies, and reduce harmful pollution. As part of this initiative, on-site staff assistance will be retained to help Reno develop and execute its plans for expanding green building and advancing energy efficiency in the commercial, multifamily and industrial building sectors.
- Experience Guidelines
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, or a field related to the area of assignment. Additional course work in architecture, engineering, environmental management or resource conservation desired.
- Two years of responsible professional level administrative and management analysis experience in relevant discipline.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, analytical, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to problem-solve and influence decision-making processes in a diplomatic and collaborative manner.
- Experience managing programs and projects in a team setting, including developing project plans and managing timelines.
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders to achieve goals.
- Comfort with public speaking in varied settings, ranging from working groups to conferences.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to tailor messages and materials to different audiences.
- Effective team player and communicator in a dispersed team setting.
- Experience working within municipal government on policy, particularly related to energy and environment, green building, affordable housing, equity, or public health.
- Knowledge and experience related to building sciences, commercial real estate, green building, or energy efficiency in buildings.
- Experience working with utilities on energy efficiency programming, rate design, or other related issues.
- Experience with negotiations, advocacy, politics, and/or inter-organizational cooperation.
- Experience working as a consultant to private or public entities.
Desired Majors: Mechanical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering
Position Type: Full time
Hours per week: 40
Salary & Benefits: $68,318.40 – $83,041.44 Annually
You may apply online by visiting the City’s website www.reno.gov/jobs. You must attach your resume to your online application prior to submitting your application as the software will not allow you to attach it later.
Application Deadline: November 24, 2017