Company Name: Department of the Army
Title: Geologist-Entry Level
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Description: As a developmental Geologist, you will assist in performing duties such as:
- Serves as a Journeyman Geologist, with responsibility for performing the full scope of conventional work related to geotechnical investigations and explorations.
- The work is performed for design and construction of the Los Angeles District Civil Works and Military projects, and in support of the hazardous, toxic and radiological waste (HTRW) and environmental programs.
- Uses standard guides and criteria as well as established methods in planning and conducting detailed geotechnical investigations for the preparation of design analysis, quantity estimates, and technical specifications.
- Performs geologic inspections and provides design guidance during pre-construction and construction investigations, and for remedial and emergency activities.
- Provides technical assistance to other geologists, engineers, and support personnel and other agencies as assigned
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully complete all the requirements of the Recent Graduate Program as defined in the Agency Participant Agreement.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management qualification standard including any applicable positive education requirements and/or selection placement factors and any other designated special qualifications requirements and conditions of employment (e.g. medical standards) appropriate for the position to which being converted.
Degree: Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in geology, plus 20 additional semester hours in any combination of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biological science, structural, chemical, civil, mining or petroleum engineering, computer science, planetary geology, comparative planetology, geophysics, meteorology, hydrology, oceanography, physical geography, marine geology, and cartography.
B. Combination of Education and Experience: Course work as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Desired Majors: Geology
Position Type: Full Time
Hours per week: 40
Salary & Benefits: $37,793 to $60,857 per year
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 02/09/2018 to receive consideration
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10129891).
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 9th, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST