Company Name: Friends of Nevada Wilderness
Title: Stewardship Project Coordinator
Location: Reno, NV
Description: The Stewardship Project Coordinator recruits and manages volunteers on the ground, handles logistics for weekend volunteer events, coordinates with land management agencies on work specifics, tracks deliverables, writes reports, and ensures projects are completed safely and within budget. The Stewardship Project Coordinator may assist in supervising one or more AmeriCorps volunteers or seasonal employees.
- Extroverted with strong people skills; the ideal candidate will be managing diverse volunteer groups in remote environments and must use patience, humor, and time management to maintain a fun, productive environment.
- Strong attention to safety, common sense and ability to assess difficult situations and make thoughtful decisions. This person will be responsible for the welfare of volunteers in remote locations, sometimes without access to immediate communication or medical help
- Strong organizational and planning skills – the ideal candidate will be responsible for project logistics including shopping and meal-planning, coordination with the land management agencies and other partner groups, and ensures deliverables are met safely and post-project data and reports are completed and distributed to partners, agencies, and funders.
- Rigorous non-traditional schedule; this position will be required to work frequent weekends during the main field season from March through November, and requires overnight and weekend travel during this time.
- Ability to hike for up to ten miles with a 40-pound pack
- Must be able to cook outdoors for at least 10 people, Dutch oven cooking experience is ideal.
- Backcountry (4×4, rough road, changing weather conditions) driving skills and a clean driving record.
- Working knowledge of maps, GPS units, tablets, etc.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and working knowledge of Google Drive programs
- Experience working with noxious weed identification and removal is ideal.
- Degree in a natural resource field is considered a plus.
- Completion of Defensive Driving course and Basic First Aid/CPR training (provided) will be mandatory upon hire.
- Takes direction well and can see the bigger picture/overall vision.
- Has a passion for conservation of America’s public lands and wilderness (Nevada specific experience is ideal).
- Comfortable speaking in front of group of 40+ people.
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Position Type: Full-time with benefits
Hours per week: 40+
Salary & Benefits: Salary Range of $32,000 to $36,000, DOE. In addition, Friends of Nevada Wilderness offers a robust benefits package including retirement and 100% of health premiums covered after three month probationary period.
Application Process: Email a cover letter, resume and three to five references to FNW at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Stewardship Coordinator’. Do not mail hard copy materials. If you have position specific questions, please contact Nora Kaufmann at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018