Company Name: Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT)
Title: Public Service Intern 1 – NDOT – Information Technology
Location: Carson City, NV
Incumbent will assist with the maintenance of the Geographic Information System (GIS) Linear Referencing System (LRS) including maintenance of the statewide road network, calibrated linear referencing methods and associated GIS layers; ensures agency business units ability to integrate and synchronize business data with LRS. Test and perform software updates; collect user requirements, design, write, test and perform software updates. Design, implement, and maintain GIS datasets and perform quality assurance/quality control procedures and corrections; perform spatial analyses and interpret and communicate analytical results; use Global Positioning System (GPS) hardware and software to collect and validate data in the field; produce digital and printed cartographic products using GPS software. Program duration is from May 21, 2018, through August 17, 2018. Women and under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Nevada Department of Transportation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information (GINA), or gender identity and expression.
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent and enrollment and continued successful performance in an academic program related to the field of employment at an accredited college or university.
- Employment is not to exceed six months from the date of graduation.
- Employment in this class will not lead to permanent status in State service.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must first submit to a pre-employment screening test for controlled substances.
Additional Position Experience
- This position requires pursuing a degree in GIS, geography, computer science, or a closely related field.
- Tell us how you heard about this position!
All Mackay Majors
Position Type: Full time, Temporary
Hours per week: 40
Salary & Benefits: $34,681.68 to $50,508.72 PAY GRADE: 27
Application Evaluation Exam
The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
Application Deadline: 4/10/2018