Company Name: Carson City Public Works
Title: Summer Internship Program 2018
Location: Carson City, NV
Description: Carson City Public Works is made up of several divisions that work together as a team to improve and maintain all facilities for the City of Carson. Carson City Public Works takes pride in its ability to work with the public by providing our community with quality customer service, and to engineer solutions as problems arise as well as provide for present and future growth. The Public Works Department provides public services by maintaining and improving all public utilities such as water/wastewater, storm drain systems, and street systems, as well as managing capital projects for Carson City. Carson City Public Works has two available internship positions for the summer of 2018. The internship program will be a rotational program in which engineering interns will be involved with different engineering aspects from a number of disciplines in the civil/environmental engineering fields.
Some of the disciplines covered will be:
1. Civil Design – CAD Design and Surveying
2. Water Projects – Water system design and project management tasks
3. Sewer Projects – Sewer system design and project management
4. Transportation Planning – Various Traffic Studies including traffic
counts and forecast volumes. Pavement condition studies.
5. Construction Management – Assist with general construction
management responsibilities on select projects.
6. Storm Water Management – Assist with storm water management and
floodplain management tasks.
7. Development Engineering– Assist with plan review and site inspections
for land development projects.
It is the goal of Carson City Public Works for its interns to learn and grow
as engineers by conducting various engineering tasks including design,
management assistance, surveying and hands on experience.
- Sophomore standing or above
- Major in Geological, Mining, Civil, or Environmental Engineering
- GPA requirement of 3.0 or above
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Desired Majors: Geological Engineering, Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering
Position Type: Full-time Internship
Hours per week: 40
Salary & Benefits: N/A
Please submit the following documents in a PDF format to Brian Elder- email@example.com
Cover letter (optional)
Online submittals through the Carson City website will also be required. An update will be sent out when the positions are officially open online.
Application Deadline: N/A