Company Name: Truckee Donner Public Utility District
Location: Truckee, CA
Truckee Donner Public Utility District is a customer-owned electric and water utility located in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains, 15 miles north of Lake Tahoe.
The District is looking for a candidate that has knowledge of, and looking to gain experience in, the following technologies and skills: ArcGIS Mapping Software, AutoDesk CAD Software, GPS data collection, Electric Distribution construction standards / specifications and easement permitting. This position will be divided between gathering data in the field and preparing maps and drawings in GIS and CAD applications in the office.
- Enrolled in and completion of at least two-years in a Bachelor of Science Degree program in Engineering from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology or possession of an Engineer in Training Certification.
- Knowledge and experience of AutoCAD and PC applications desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Possession of a valid Class C license with acceptable driving history.
- Walking outdoors on uneven terrain for long periods of the day documenting information.
- Sitting for long periods at a time in front of a computer inputting information collected.
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Desired Majors: Geography, Geological Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering
Position Type: Full-time Internship
Hours per week: 40
Salary & Benefits: $20.15 per hour
Please submit a cover letter, resume and District application to TDPUD Human Resources, 11570 Donner Pass Rd., Truckee, CA 96161 or fax to (530) 587.5056 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. District application and full job description is available at www.tdpud.org.
Application Deadline: Position is open until filled