Company Name: Pray & Company HR and Business Solutions
Company Website: http://praysolutions.com/
Title: Mine Engineer
Location: Eureka, NV
Description: This position reports to the Chief Engineer and works closely with the Geologists teams, and other staff to develop and update mine plans, both long-term and short-term. Executes engineering activities and to ensure service and / or operating standards are met. Designs and develops processes, practices and methodologies in engineering. Lead the execution of the strategy and ensure alignment with the organization’s long-term strategy. Initiate and undertake projects to optimize performance within engineering and to ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards. This is an immediate opportunity for an outstanding Mining Engineer, to lead best in class mining techniques and technology on a large project.
• Development and implementation of practical mine plans which allow for orderly development and exploitation of economically minable ore reserves
• Engineers short and long-term mine planning, project controls, cost controls, construction, geo-technical, electrical, environmental, civil, production, exploration or continuous improvement
• Investigates new mining methods, mine plans, mine processes, and mining equipment that might improve mining efficiency and cost; unit costing, bench-marking and optimization
• Designs/plans for maintaining and optimizing ground control
• Optimize grade control and minimize dilution in partnership the Ore Control through mine designs, plans and best practices.
• Provides mining operations teams with technical support in activities including surveying, blasting, rock mechanics, health and safety, ventilation, geology, equipment selection, cost and productivity improvements
• Partner in developing life of mine planning and support for operational and development activities in other areas
• Works at the operating site to develop and implement new techniques and technologies to optimize processes, while ensuring implementation of continuous improvement activities and the sharing of best practice is ongoing
• Acting as a mentor and coach to develop and support operating site and mine engineering personnel.
• Develop and make recommendations for implementation of new techniques to reduce non-value-added activities and hence remove waste.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering or related Engineering
• Applied experience using mine engineering technologies for mine mapping and modeling such as Mine Site (preferred), Vulcan-Maptek, iGantt-Minemax, Carlson Mining, BIMS, Supac-Gemcom and others, to create mine and ore models, ore optimization schedules, and mine plans
• Basic knowledge of all phases of mining and milling operations This unique position demands an experienced mining specialist, who is seeking a highly visible and influential role
• A self-starter, agile and decisive, with an outstanding track record of success and the ability to champion change and lead the business to unprecedented levels of production performance ”
• Extensive expertise of open pit (and other) mining, different products including gold, silver, copper
• 5 or more years of related mining engineering work experience
Desired Majors: Geology, Geological Engineering, Mining Engineering
Position Type: Full-time employment
Hours per week: 40+
Salary & Benefits: DOE
Application Process: Please apply by visiting our website at:
Please email me if you have any questions. email@example.com
Application Deadline: 12/31/2018