Company Name: Bureau Veritas Minerals Inspectorate
Company Website: http://www.us.bureauveritas.com/
Title: Sample Preparation Technician
Description: Reporting to the Sample Preparation Supervisor, the Sample Preparation Technician is responsible for the
processing of customer samples by following established standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safe
– Comply with the OHS Act and Regulations, BV Group Policy and Procedures, Upstream Minerals
Management System Policies and Procedures and ISO standards applicable to the Sample Preparation
– Act in a safe and professional manner and wear appropriate attire including the required personal
protective equipment (PPE).
– Carry out Sample Preparation procedures in accordance with documented SOPs and other work
– Ensure proper functioning of Sample Preparation operations by:
o Monitoring the performance of the Sample Preparation equipment
o Ensuring adequate inventory of consumable supplies and chemicals
o Practicing good housekeeping.
– Communicate general laboratory issues to the Sample Preparation supervisor as appropriate.
– Report any deviation(s) from documented procedures to the Sample Preparation Supervisor.
– Report any unsafe condition(s) observed in the department to the Sample Preparation Supervisor.
– Report any non-conforming work related to customer samples and associated test data to the Sample
– Submit to testing for silica exposure on a regular basis.
– Perform other duties as assigned by management.”
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent experience
Basic literacy in MS Office suite preferred
Required Training: BV Compliance Program, QHSE Introduction
Application Process: Students can apply online at www.us.bureauveritas.com. If anyone has any questions contact Jacob Snyder at Jacob.email@example.com
Application Deadline: Until completed