Company Name: Imerys
Company Website: https://imerys-filtration.com/north-america/
Title: Geology Internship
Location: Fernley, NV
Description: Our Summer Internship program provides an opportunity to apply the concepts you learned in your Geology classes to real world experience, including:
The opportunity and freedom to drive improvements, in an informal and non-hierarchical culture
Broad based experience gained through exposure to multiple projects, businesses and organizations
The opportunity to communicate, collaborate and influence across boundaries
Unique experiences and increasing responsibilities within an exciting business.
In our Manufacturing plants and mines, we transform our minerals to provide solutions and products that improve peoples’ lives. We operate across a huge range of customer markets, helping the world to make careful and effective use of precious natural resources.
Join Imerys, and discover what you’re made of…
As a Geologist Intern with Imerys, some areas you may be involved in include:
- Update geological mine model
- Track detailed ore characteristics throughout the mine
- Conduct analysis of ore quality data using Excel and other Imerys programs
- Log core sample data taken from exploration drilling into geological mine model
- Review current dig pattern and provide analysis and suggestions
- Participate in regular meetings with Corporate and site level Geological staff and mine management
- Other responsibilities as determined by Mine Engineering staff
- Core logging
- Drill Patterns probing
Education Requirements: Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited school or university and currently pursuing a degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, Mining Engineering or other related degree.
Desired Majors: Geology, Geological Engineering, Mining Engineering or other related degree
Salary & Benefits:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities
- Continuous coaching & mentoring– We’ll help you work with passionate people and also receive both formal training and mentoring from your manager
Visibility of Senior leaders
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core; we value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance
- Priority in selection process for Imerys Graduates program – upon successful completion of your Internship and university graduation, you will be given priority in hiring into our Imerys Graduates program
We provide relocation support to get you where we need you.
We offer competitive wages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.”
Position Type: Full-time
Hours per week: 40
Application Process: Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.
Additional Information: Imerys, the world leader in mineral-based specialties for industry, with €4,598M revenue in 2017, 18,300 employees and 270 industrial sites in over 50 countries, delivers high value-added, functional solutions to a great number of sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods and building products. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, scientific expertise and technological know-how to offer solutions benefiting its mineral resources, produce synthetic minerals and develop formulations. Imerys thus contributes essential properties to customers’ products and performance, such as refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellence. Imerys meets ambitious criteria for responsible development, regarding social, environmental or corporate governance.