Company Name: Fugro
Company Website: https://www.fugro.com/
Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Description: Fugro’s GeoConsulting Service Line merges the talents of Fugro’s Geophysics, Geology, Geohazards and Geotechnical Engineering resources. Our staff perform integrated engineering and geological investigations by combining geophysical, geological, geotechnical and geochemical information to develop a holistic understanding of site conditions as they relate to subsea engineering issues associated with offshore energy development.
Fugro is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to work within the Geotechnical Engineering group within our GeoConsulting team in Houston, Texas, part of the world’s foremost geo-intelligence company, with capabilities that range from state-of-the-art data collection to sophisticated modeling and engineering analysis. The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, and creative. You will primarily be performing geotechnical engineering work on challenging offshore projects, overseeing data collation, interpretation and analysis using cuttingedge tools to characterize the seafloor and the underlying rocks and sediments. Working together as a global team, you will be expected to achieve extraordinary results in a demanding and challenging business environment that is constantly changing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work independently or within a small team environment on projects of standard to moderate complexity and scope. Act as a project professional with a (potentially) global team environment on larger, more complex projects, following guidelines set by a supervisor.
- Apply engineering judgment in the selection of data interpretation methods, analysis techniques, and design criteria.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage standard and advanced field and laboratory geotechnical testing operations and programs, including specialist testing as required.
- Review, process, interpret and integrate data from field and laboratory geotechnical testing, in collaboration with geoscientists as required.
- Evaluate geotechnical parameters and perform offshore geotechnical engineering design work.
- Report data and analysis results using Fugro Quality Management Systems reporting protocol and procedures.
- Perform quality assurance checks on all geotechnical testing processing, data interpretation, engineering analysis and reporting.
- Occasionally work offshore on Fugro and 3rd party geotechnical or geophysical vessels for periods between 2 to 6 weeks, on regional and international projects.
- BS in Civil Engineering required from accredited engineering university (advanced degree with geotechnical emphasis preferred).
- Minimum 2 years of field and/or office-based geotechnical experience (preferably in a consulting environment).
- Strong problem-solving skills with respect to technical issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering.
- Ability to work effectively with peers, subordinates and superiors .
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of technical software applications.
- Have or be working towards obtaining a Texas Professional Engineering license.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Some travel (domestic, international and offshore) may be required.
The successful candidate will play a key role on a dynamic team in an exciting and challenging market, with significant opportunities for skills and career development, and a clear path to advancement within a global company. A high degree of initiative and attention to detail are essential, along with effective communication skills. By its very nature, this role requires a person who is flexible.
Position Type: Permanent
Salary & Benefits: At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- A broad range of voluntary benefits
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan
Additional Information: This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
To apply, go to https://fugro.applicantpro.com/jobs/881837.html