Company Name: Fugro
Company Website: https://www.fugro.com/
Title: Project Geoscientist
Location: Houston, TX
Description: Fugro is currently seeking a highly motivated, Spanish-speaking individual to fill the role of Geoscientist within our GeoConsulting team in Houston, TX, part of the world’s foremost geo-intelligence company, with capabilities that range from state-of-the-art data collection to sophisticated modeling and engineering analysis. The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and creative. You will work on challenging projects, both onshore and offshore, collating and interpreting data using cutting-edge tools to characterize the seafloor and the underlying rocks and sediments. Working together as a global team, you will be expected to achieve extraordinary results in a demanding and challenging business environment that is constantly changing
Key Roles (Your Contribution)
- Interpretation of high resolution geohazard survey data and exploration 3-D seismic data, preparation of interpretive geological illustrations using computer graphics programs, and creation of engineering geological reports and maps.
- Completion of routine projects, including geologic and geohazards mapping, characterization, analysis, assessment, and related reporting under the guidance of more experienced geoscientists.
- Write complex technical documents in English and Spanish.
- Routinely interacts with Spanish speaking clients on technical and administrative issues, and carefully documents project communications according to Fugro procedures.
- Maintains a good technical and professional reputation with Fugro client base.
- Assists with writing project proposals and other marketing activities.
- Complies with QMS and HSE requirements.
- M.S. degree in geoscience, geology, or geological engineering. A B.S. degree with relevant full-time professional experience may be acceptable in lieu of an M.S. The ideal background would include a mixture of engineering geology, marine geophysics, geomechanics, and GIS applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the proven ability to write detailed technical papers and reports in both English and Spanish, are essential.
- Strong computer skills including fluency with the Microsoft Office suite. GIS, seismic interpretation, or geological modeling software skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently, direct others as required, and collaborates across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Support for continuous improvement in company processes including, but not limited to, the Fugro safety program.
- Acceptable driving record and possession of a valid driver’s license, or ability to obtain one within 3 months.
- Completion of a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
Note: The successful candidate will play a key role on a dynamic team in an exciting and challenging market, with significant opportunities for skills and career development, and a clear path to advancement within a global company. A strong attention to detail is essential, along with good communication skills. By its very nature, this role requires a person who is flexible regarding their attitude towards office-based and field-based work environment.
Position Type: Permanent
Salary & Benefits: At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
Additional Information: This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Application Process: To apply, go to https://fugro.applicantpro.com/jobs/955424.html