Company Name: Fugro
Company Website: https://www.fugro.com/
Title: Staff Geoscientist
Location: Houstan, TX
Description: Fugro’s Marine GeoConsulting Service Line merges the talents of Fugro’s Geophysics, Geology, Geohazards and Geotechnical Engineering resources. Our staff perform integrated geological and engineering investigations by combining marine information to develop a holistic understanding of site conditions as they relate to exploration and subsea engineering issues associated with offshore energy development.
Fugro is currently seeking several highly motivated individuals to fill a Geoscientist role within our GeoConsulting team in Houston, TX, part of the world’s foremost geo-intelligence company, with capabilities that range from state-of-the-art data collection to sophisticated modeling and interpretation. The successful candidates will be highly organized, detailoriented, and creative. You will work on challenging offshore projects, collating and interpreting data using cuttingedge tools to characterize the seafloor and the underlying rocks and sediments. Working together as a global team, you will be expected to achieve extraordinary results in a demanding and challenging business environment that is constantly changing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Able to interpret the seafloor and shallow geology to understand fluid migration pathways and expulsion features, and to tie these to deeper hydrocarbon systems.
- Perform detailed analysis of seismic data, acquired multibeam echosounder swath data (i.e. bathymetry and backscatter and water column data), to determine potential seafloor seeps.
- Perform marine geophysical site interpretation and technical reporting under general supervision.
Accurately validate and assimilates various geotechnical, geochemical, and offset well data.
- Work with GIS specialists to create presentation quality maps and illustrations and maintain project related geodatabases according to internal procedures and terminology.
- Prepares interpretive geological illustrations using computer graphics programs, and creation of geohazard and/or hydrocarbon seep related geological maps.
- Assist Engineers and Geochemists with lab testing and prepare related plots and integrated graphics.
- Work offshore on Fugro geophysical vessels for periods between 4 to 6 weeks, both in US and foreign waters.
- Active degree holder in Geology/Earth Sciences or Geophysics or related fields. The ideal background would include some mixture of marine geology, geophysics, geochemistry, and/or GIS applications.
- Ability to work offshore and pass all required safety and survival courses.
- Strong computer skills including fluency with the Microsoft Office suite, GIS, seismic interpretation, or geological modeling software skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to work well under supervision and shows initiative and resourcefulness.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, sometimes under pressure, and always within deadlines.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record.
- Currently a passport holder or can obtain one.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Completion of a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
Position Type: Permanent
Salary & Benefits: At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
Additional Information: This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
To apply, go to https://fugro.applicantpro.com/jobs/930130.html