Company Name: Rockridge Geotechnical
Company Website: https://www.rockridgegeo.com/
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Oakland, CA
Description: Rockridge Geotechnical, Inc., a provider of geotechnical engineering services in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, has immediate openings for Project Engineers.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage projects from investigation through construction
- Prepare proposals
- Perform geotechnical field investigations, including monitoring/observing test drilling and sampling; logging test borings and test pits; classifying soil types and consistency, selecting appropriate laboratory tests, and preparing field reports summarizing geotechnical field activities and site descriptions.Perform engineering analysis and prepare geotechnical reports for variety of projects
- Review project plans and specifications for conformance with geotechnical recommendations
- Communicate with client and other design and construction team members
- Manage and oversee other staff members assigned to project
Qualifications: The most qualified candidate for Project Engineer will have the following:
- Master’s degree, or bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering with courses completed in geologic and/or geotechnical engineering, such as engineering geology, soil mechanics and foundation design.
- Minimum four years related experience in geotechnical engineering
- Registered Civil Engineering license in California
- Field experience associated with subsurface investigations and construction-phase geotechnical observation and testing
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Resourcefulness and motivation in resolving geotechnical construction and engineering design problems
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and, ability to work in a team environment on various projects
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills. Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects are necessary.
- Able to drive to/from project sites.
Desired Majors: Geotechnical Engineering. Geology
Position Type: Full-time
Hours per week: 40
Salary & Benefits: Excellent benefit program including: 9 paid holidays, vacation and sick days, 100% employer-paid health insurance, and retirement plan.
Application Process: All applicants must be U.S. citizens or authorized to work and reside in the U.S. No H-1 visa support will be provided.
All applicants must have valid driver’s license and have a good driving record (must be insurable by company’s insurance policy).
Contact Katie Dickinson by email email@example.com. For confidential consideration please submit a detailed resume with cover letter.