Company Name: Rockridge Geotechnical
Company Website: https://www.rockridgegeo.com/
Title: Staff Engineer
Location: Oakland, CA
Description: Rockridge Geotechnical, Inc., a provider of geotechnical engineering services in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, has immediate openings for full-time, entry-level Staff Engineers.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate field investigations, including scheduling drillers, applying for drilling permits, and checking for buried utilities.
- Perform subsurface investigations, including directing drillers/subcontractors, observing drilling, logging test borings and test pits.
- Perform site visits to construction sites to observe and document geotechnical aspects of project, including deep foundation installation, spread footing or mat foundation subgrade preparation, site grading and fill placement, temporary cut slopes and shoring.
- Prepare observation reports summarizing geotechnical-related construction field activities.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates.
- Perform engineering analysis.
- Assist with preparation of geotechnical investigation report and construction special inspection letters.
Qualifications: The most qualified candidate for Staff Engineer will have the following:
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering with courses completed in geologic and/or geotechnical engineering, such as engineering geology, soil mechanics and foundation design.
- Related experience preferred, but not required, in construction special inspections, engineering geology, or geotechnical engineering (i.e. internships/previous work experience).
- Field experience preferred, but not required, associated with subsurface investigations and construction observations and inspections.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment on various projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills. Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects are necessary.
- Able to drive to/from project sites.
Desired Majors: Geotechnical Engineeing, Geology
Position Type: Full-time
Hours per week: 40
Salary & Benefits: Excellent benefit program including: 9 paid holidays, vacation and sick days, 100% employer-paid health insurance, and retirement plan.
Application Process: All applicants must be U.S. citizens or authorized to work and reside in the U.S. No H-1 visa support will be provided.
All applicants must have valid driver’s license and have a good driving record (must be insurable by company’s insurance policy).
Contact Katie Dickinson by email firstname.lastname@example.org. For confidential consideration please submit a detailed resume with cover letter.